How does Acupuncture work?
Daily stresses, lifestyle choices and injury upset our natural balance and also lead to physical and emotional symptoms. By identifying the root cause of the symptoms Acupuncturists use very fine, painless needles to activate specific energy points on the body. This helps to bring both body and mind back to health. MRI scans show that acupuncture triggers the body’s healing process by calming the central nervous system, regulating hormones and releasing endorphins.
What can Acupuncture treat?
Common complaints successfully treated include:
• Pain – sports injuries, lower back pain, knee pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder, stiff neck, and arthritis
• Digestive disorders – IBS, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, nausea, and constipation
• Stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and addiction
• Menstrual and menopausal disorders – PMT, painful periods, PCOS, and hot flushes
• Pregnancy discomforts and labour induction
• Fertility – including IVF support
• Headaches and migraines
• Skin conditions – eczema, asthma, psoriasis, and acne
• Insomnia and chronic fatigue
The benefits of Acupuncture
Treatment is aimed at the root of your condition as well as your main symptoms. This approach helps resolve your main problem but also enhance your feeling of general wellbeing. You may notice other niggling problems resolve. You are likely to sleep better and feel less stressed.
Cupping is a method of creating a vacuum on the patient’s skin to dispel stagnation (stagnant blood and lymph), thereby improving qi flow and stimulates healing. It is used in conjunction with acupuncture. It is effective at stretching tight fascia and muscles. Cupping helps the tissue develop new blood flow and causes anti-inflammatory chemicals in the body in order to treat respiratory diseases such as the common cold, pneumonia, bronchitis and also muscular aches and pain.
What can you expect from a treatment?
- Respectful Understanding of what brings you for treatment
- Time to listen to your concerns
- To be included in your treatment plan
That sounds great! Let’s get started…
During your consultation your Acupuncturist will take your complete medical history in order to understand your unique physical profile and lifestyle. We will discuss any concerns you may have about your health and lifestyle, take your pulse on both wrists and may also examine your tongue and palpate for areas of muscular tension or pain. Following this, a diagnosis will be made, a treatment plan suggested and lifestyle advice offered.
For more information, please click on the links below: